Thursday, May 22, 2014

23 or 38!

After the successful Bangalore trip, I boarded a KSRTC bus. And there was this lady beside me. Well, each seat had a TV screen. The image on my tv screen was mirror imaged and the one on her screen was upside down! Just like our lives, she said. That is how the conversation began. We discussed about the culture in Bangalore and the culture in Chennai and culture in general. We spoke about the sense of belongingness. We spoke about the sky. She spoke about Colorado. I spoke about my first trip abroad. We spoke about dating guys. She told me her story. Well, I didn’t have anything much to say. We spoke about running! And pets.
We spoke about a lot of things. It felt very warm because I could connect with her. It was a great experience talking to her as I learnt quite a few new things. Her open mindedness just numbed me for a while.
She is an entrepreneur. She was bubbling with energy which made me reflect on myself. Life is a long journey. Just keep moving. Do what you want to. Pursue your passion. Have some hobbies. Above all, just keep moving. Don’t you want to be happy and excited? Would you want a dull life, ever? I think she made me realise that it is all in our hands and it totally depends on how we handle various situations. Life can get very painful. It is not fair. But it does let you take charge and be happy.
Doing new things ticks people. The kick one gets out of it is awesome. I have resolved to myself that I would never let myself stagnate in this journey. When there is so much to do, how can one say that life is boring? It is definitely not all about having a partner or having all the money, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment