Sunday, February 16, 2014

Paths and Destinations

 "Yesterday, there was this snail going on the road. SiZHky picked it up and placed it elsewhere. It took a moment or two and then kept crawling and running. You know, it panicked. So maybe it tried to run.
What if a giant picked you and put you in Mongolia? What would you do? You are already in Mongolia now, aren't you? The human brain and its ideas. Amazing. Do you panic when your mind wanders? How do you feel when it goes places? Does it fill you with excitement? How active are you?
The more I think, the more alive I feel. So much is there to not feel bored. Yet we feel bored. Ah, these chain of thoughts. "
I penned this in my zimlog around 2 months back. I tried to connect with those emotions and it felt different. Good different or bad different? Mixed emotions maybe. I felt a bit sad for the snail, that day and today.
Did it lose its way? Did it go back home? Or was it trying to get away? Was it just wandering?
It makes me wonder how people change our paths. All the detours and roads not taken.

Writing helps. It lets you peek into the past and helps you reflect. And so do photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment