Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Barefoot

Simplicity. Minimalism. Barefeet.
I am trying to run with minimalist running gear. No music at times. Barefoot running is awesome.
One needs to be careful though. Injuries, gravel, glass pieces and those red insects(yes, they are back!). It connects you to the earth and the way the feet react is so different. Some zen state. Some days, time just flies. But well, I do have those days when the road seems never ending.

Photo credits- Sarthak
The moment my foot strikes the tar road, it just feels so right. The breeze gives me a gentle push as I lose myself on the roads. I am aware of the surroundings, the tiny gravel poking into my feet, my ponytail swaying, other runners overtaking me, the synchronised breathe, the occasional neon light in my watch, bright white lights of vehicles complementing the dim yellow street lights, trees arching to create some tunnel like feel.. It is just beautiful and in a way, perfect.

One last sem in insti. Just 4 months. As many mid night runs as possible. Campus is awesome in the morning, they say. I intend to run early in the mornings too. Start before sunrise and end with some nice hot breakfast in mess.

1 comment:

  1. Does your inspiration come from Born to run by Christopher McDougall. I am yet to read it, but that book inspired a lot of my other barefoot runner friends. Just checking!

    ReplyDelete